Langua: Journal of Linguistics, Literature, and Language Education is a journal published under the English Department of STKIP Kie Raha Ternate, Indonesia (EISSN: 2623-1565). As an Open Access Journal, articles processed within Langua are managed through Open Journal System (OJS) which means although readers or subscribers can freely read and download articles in this journal, authors are required to register and login to submit their articles. Langua accepts submissions from English Teachers, English Lecturers, and Researchers in terms of the Research Report and Original Article as long as one follows the submission guidelines.
Focus and Scope
As a journal of Linguistics, Literature, and Language Education, Langua focuses on the article relevant to the following issues:
- Theory and Practice in English Language Teaching and Learning: covering teaching and learning models and strategies, language testing and evaluation, and language learner development.
- English Linguistics: covering linguistic analysis including text analysis or speech analysis to develop insight on the linguistics theories. English Syntax, Semantics, Pragmatics, Sociolinguistics, and Psycholinguistics articles are welcome in Langua.
- English Literature: covering the research on English literary works namely novel, short story, tale, poems, on purpose to raise understanding of English literature.
Langua has an article section which:
Online Submission Indexed Open Reviewed
A review is the evaluation process on the articles submitted by the authors. Langua applies an open review process where every submission is evaluated by an expert in the relevant field. The open review enables the authors to receive comments and feedback on individual manuscripts. The review process is kept objective and confidential. The reviewers are not allowed to share or disclose unpublished information in a manuscript. The reviewers can reject reviewing the manuscript if the manuscript has conflicts of interest. Reviewers can recommend to authors any related work that is not cited. If you are interested in becoming a reviewer for Langua, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Langua Journal of Linguistics, Literature, and Language Education is published twice a year, in April and October.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Langua utilizes the LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration.
Indexing and Abstracting
Articles published in Langua are now indexed in:
- Index Copernicus
- Google Scholar
- Research Bible
- Index PKP
Langua is working on indexing the journal articles in other indexers.
Authors are not required to pay for article submission, processing, or publication. Publishing with Langua Journal is completely free.
Studies will not be eligible for publication, if the editors of Langua become aware of that research misconduct or the use of fraudulent data has occurred. Editors will not encourage such misconduct. If any misconduct occurs, then the editors will handle it appropriately.
Langua OJS utilizes iThenticate Plugin which will check every manuscript for plagiarism. If plagiarism is detected by the editors or peer reviewers, the editor will inform the author/s immediately, asking the author/s to rewrite the text or provide any necessary citations. If the author/s has plagiarised at least 20 % of the original source, the manuscript will not be eligible for review and publication.
Authors who publish with Langua Journal of Linguistics, Literature, and Language Education agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in Langua.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in Langua.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.